 Marketplace / Shopping / 615
614  |  616
Subject:
Target Clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 05:21:41 GMT

Not sure exactly what's going on, I just picked up two 5978 Sphynx Secret
Surprise at Target for $15.74 (Sorry Cary NC folks, cleaned the shelf...).
This was the price it was on clearance at the same store for two weeks ago
(which I missed). I was somewhat surprised and asked a clerk to scan the
price. Checked out at $15.74. Asked the clerk and he said it was marked
"discontinued" but not clearance, and said that had it been clearance, the
system would have printed a red shelf tag not a normal shelf tag.

The short of it, take a close look at the prices of the sets people have
mentioned as being on clearance at Target. They might just show up for the
clearance price without being highlighted as such.

Beats me how they got $15.74 out of $49.99 though, thats 31.49% of MSRP.

Frank