 Marketplace / Shopping / 5943
Re: Cool Shell 1999 Promo sets now available in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:10:43 GMT

No, and I didn't find the Shell Customer Service to be all that helpful
either, at least in Georgia.  All the stores they mentioned acted dumbstruck
when I called them on it.  But I guess it saved me time from driving to
them.  I guess Georgia Shell's will pick them up when they come out with
"ADULT" Lego sets.  (Most of the Shell's around here are right off the major
freeways and seem to cater to truckers with a large magazine selection of
explicit nature, after visiting 5 stations I gave up and wondered why our
local churchs can get a busload to go picket DisneyWorld but can't travel
down the street to notice this.  Of course I guess since they haven't made a
WWF wresting mini-fig driving a nascar stockcar with a Coke logo on him I
guess were our of luck for Georgia.) Thank God Lego actually put an outlet
store here so there is any support for this hobby at all.

Matt

In lugnet.market.shopping, Brad Hamilton writes:
Almost all Shell stations have those little sets.  The 125x (like 1254,
1255, 1256) sets are the hard ones to find (the ones that apparently only
are being sold in CA).

Has anyone else in the US seen these?

doug mulvaney <douglasm@cisunix.unh.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Stangl writes:
This seems to be a SoCal only offer right now.

I was able to pick up some of the shell sets in Massachussetts, off one of
the exits on I-84.  They did not even make me buy any gas.  I got 2536,
2556, 2537, 2543, 2554, 2539, 2538, 2544, 2541, 2542, 2540.  They had a • lot
of the little sets for $1.49, they had another pit stop and one of the
belville sets left.  I was stuck in the sunday traffic, so I got off and • had
a pleasent surprise. :)

Doug