 Marketplace / Shopping / 5916
Re: Cool Shell 1999 Promo sets now available in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 05:18:24 GMT

I almost popped out of the moving car as we pulled into the gas station and
I saw the sign showing these sets.

I had never seen these sets before and they are pretty decent town sets
(when LEGO provides no regular town sets any more) and pretty reasonable
prices.

I hope to go gas up the other car tomorrow and get some more of these.  I
hope my local AFOL "buddies" don't snap them up first!

Tom Stangl, VFAQman <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message
This seems to be a SoCal only offer right now.

<sigh>  Might have to take a trip to SoCal JUST for sets!

Brad Hamilton wrote:

Excuse me if this is old news to some of you, but this came as a • complete
surprise to me, so I figure that other folks may not know either.

Shell stations in the US (sighted in Orange County California) are now
selling much larger sets than previously available.

The jewel of this group is 1254 ( http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1254). • This
set is only 11.95 and has tons of great parts (see my most recent review
in ).  It is a gas station office.

Other sets:
1252 - A tanker - I think 6.95
1253 - Racer and tow truck - unknown $$
1255 - A car wash - Also very cool and a good value - $11.95
1256 - 2 gas pumps and cover - $19.99 - A little pricy.  I bought one.

To get the sets, go to any Shell station (at least in my area) and buy • $10
worth of gas.  Then, they let me buy as many of these sets as I wanted.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/