 Marketplace / Shopping / 4844
Re: Amazon is showing 9735 for $74.99 (again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 04:14:35 GMT

Your absolutely right!  Thanks!!

op

"Ran Talbott" <ran@netgate.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.shopping, Ollie Pruitt writes:
I know this sounds silly but...   We got ours on Wednesday and I think I
like it better than RIS

It's not silly at all:  it's just another example of "horses for courses".

What *would* be silly is to argue that the RDS or the RIS is *inherently*
better or worse than the other:  each one has its strengths and • weaknesses,
and the individual user's wants and needs determine which one is "best" • for
him or her.  And it's worth noting that,  as you mentioned,  a single • person
can have different sets of wants and needs at different times.

This is something to keep in mind next time you see one of those frequent
holy wars about which car/programming language/sport/whatever is "best".
There really is a single right answer in all those debates,  but it's • always
"It depends".  ;-)

Ran