 Marketplace / Shopping / 4802
Re: Amazon is showing 9735 for $74.99 (again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 22:40:08 GMT

That's the excuse they gave you?  The one they gave me was there was some
kind of software glitch on their system that mistagged a lot of toys.  Here
is the "official" story:
http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/768.shtml
I know a lot of places will honor mistagged merch sales, but they've got a
terms & conditions page that states their re-pricing policy (they just offer
the item at the "correct" (higher) price).  I gave them whatfor on the phone
and through a bunch of emails the last time but it was like talking to
rocks.  I ended my last contact with "You people are ridiculous."  Never
again.  I'll pick this up at a b&m where I can walk out with it under my
arm.
binky

----- Original Message -----
From: Julie Krenz <dkrenz@mc.net>
Newsgroups: lugnet.market.shopping
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2000 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: Amazon is showing 9735 for $74.99 (again)

A regular price drop to $80 would be nice, then Amazon would have no • excuse for
sending me this lame excuse for cancelling my order:

"We are sorry to report that we have contacted the supplier,
and the price of the following item has increased:

"MINDSTORMS Robotics Discovery Set (9735)"
                                NEW PRICE       OLD PRICE
                                $149.99         $74.99"

I have a $30 gift certificate at Amazon, which is why I'm hoping they • can
come
thru with this. The set is going to my son for either birthday or • Christmas,
and I really don't want to spend $80 on one gift. Heck, I don't want to • spend
$50 on a single gift, but it's too cool to pass on.

Julie