 Marketplace / Shopping / 4453
Re: Zellers Sale (30% off discontinueds again!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:04:20 GMT

Hi guys( gals! ), I live in Michigan, but am taking a trip to Boston this
weekend and was wondering if anyone could help me out with finding a couple of
these Zellers stores. I'll be driving through Canada from Port Huron, MI
through Niagara Falls, NY. If anybody knows of any stores along this route,
please let me know! I'm not sure of my specific route, so I could alter it if I
need to. Thanks.

John

In lugnet.market.shopping, Bradley Dale writes:
Although I was expecting to get the Summer S@H catalogue today (not yet), I • did
get something almost as good- a Zellers flyer! It simply says, among many
other clearance boxes-
"30% off discontinued toys"
Which one would expect to include Lego, right?  Trying to recall the
discontinued sets I saw the last time I went shopping, the approximate prices
(in Canadian $)are-

Adventurers 5978 (the sphinx)
Originally $75
Clearance $55
- 30% = $38.50

Insectoids 6977 (arachnid base)
Sorry, I do not remember the price of this one, retail or clearance. I would
expect about $60.

UFO 6979
I don't remember the price of this either.  Probably the same final price.

Hydronauts 6180 (big sub)
Originally $75
NOT on clearance (here anyway), though definatley discontinued
- 30% = $52.50

Stingrays 6160 (the scorpion one)
Originally $50
Clearance $45
- 30% = $31.50

Stingrays 6198 (the giant one)
Originally $100
Clearance $70
- 30% = $49 (lower than original price of 6160- very tempting!)

Fright Knights 6037 (witch's windship)
Originally $13
Clearance $12
- 30% = $8.40

Ninja 6093 (flying fortress)
Originally $110
Clearance $90
- 30% = $63

Ninja 3052 (fire fortress)
Originally $40
Clearance $35
But not discontinued yet. (though the clerks may not know that...)

City 6332 (police station)
Originally $100
Likely clearance to $70 or $80 (I don't remember)
But not discontinued.

Outback 6444
Originally about $27 or $29 (not sure)
Clearance $25
- 30% = $17.50

So, 30% off a clearance price is often 50% off original price.  Very good.
There may also be Technic and Star Wars stuff, but I don't pay attention to
those lines.  And thats just my nearest Zellers, selection does vary by store.
I am thinking of getting a Stingray (most likely 6198), since they are marked
down a lot.  I will catch up on the new sets at Christmas.