 Marketplace / Shopping / 4442
4441  |  4443
Subject:
Zellers Sale (30% off discontinueds again!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 15:52:24 GMT

Although I was expecting to get the Summer S@H catalogue today (not yet), I did
get something almost as good- a Zellers flyer! It simply says, among many
other clearance boxes-
"30% off discontinued toys"
Which one would expect to include Lego, right?  Trying to recall the
discontinued sets I saw the last time I went shopping, the approximate prices
(in Canadian $)are-

Adventurers 5978 (the sphinx)
Originally $75
Clearance $55
- 30% = $38.50

Insectoids 6977 (arachnid base)
Sorry, I do not remember the price of this one, retail or clearance. I would
expect about $60.

UFO 6979
I don't remember the price of this either.  Probably the same final price.

Hydronauts 6180 (big sub)
Originally $75
NOT on clearance (here anyway), though definatley discontinued
- 30% = $52.50

Stingrays 6160 (the scorpion one)
Originally $50
Clearance $45
- 30% = $31.50

Stingrays 6198 (the giant one)
Originally $100
Clearance $70
- 30% = $49 (lower than original price of 6160- very tempting!)

Fright Knights 6037 (witch's windship)
Originally $13
Clearance $12
- 30% = $8.40

Ninja 6093 (flying fortress)
Originally $110
Clearance $90
- 30% = $63

Ninja 3052 (fire fortress)
Originally $40
Clearance $35
But not discontinued yet. (though the clerks may not know that...)

City 6332 (police station)
Originally $100
Likely clearance to $70 or $80 (I don't remember)
But not discontinued.

Outback 6444
Originally about $27 or $29 (not sure)
Clearance $25
- 30% = $17.50

So, 30% off a clearance price is often 50% off original price.  Very good.
There may also be Technic and Star Wars stuff, but I don't pay attention to
those lines.  And thats just my nearest Zellers, selection does vary by store.
I am thinking of getting a Stingray (most likely 6198), since they are marked
down a lot.  I will catch up on the new sets at Christmas.