 Marketplace / Shopping / 4390
Re: Night Lords Castle $24.95 at KbKids.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:47:20 GMT

As far as I can tell, their system works on your billing address, which,
unfortunately, will probably be the same for most of everyones credit cards.
Creating a new account doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm moving in the
next month, so when I change my credit card billing address, I'll let you know
if I can reuse any of the $10 codes.

ZanyBrainy.com works if you re-register. They must just check based on your
email.

Etoys gives 20% of your first purchase. You can change your current account
info to reflect a different email address and then reregister with the same
email! I did this with their recent 50% off sale to get another 20% off.

John

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Hansen writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Paul Sinasohn writes:
How were you able to use codes after placing more than one order?? I've tried
to use codes on subsequent orders, and they always disallow the discount. Do
you use different shipping addresses? different credit cards?

Share your secret, please....

No secret.  The INFANT1 and FIRSTBD1 codes I was only allowed to use once.  It
just so happens I hadn't used them before.  Those two are $10 off $40.  So I
used one on a Big Foot + Twisted Time Train and the other on a separate order
of the same two sets.  Then I tried using INFANT and FIRSTBD ($10 off $30) but
INFANT kept saying I hadn't satisfied the minimum order requirements and
FIRSTBD said I had already used it.  So I used FRIEND4 ($5 off $15) which has
worked multiple times (at least 4) for two more orders (2 copies of Rapid
River).

I wish I did have a secret.  You might be able to fool their system if you
created a new account each time you ordered.  I've never tried that.

John Hansen