 Marketplace / Shopping / 4331
Re: New online retailer: www.kidstoysplus.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 17:32:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Raymond Flournoy writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Raymond Flournoy writes:

One final note, although this is a Canadian company, the prices are in US$.

G'day Raymond,

While this company may have it's buildings based in B.C., I'm not so sure it's
a Canadian company (but I have asked them).  According to their investor
relations info, they established under the laws of Nevada.  I get the feeling
they are a US company, and have located in B.C. to take advantage of exchange
rates, land costs, etc.  I looked thru their prices, and for the most part
they are not at all competitive with prices in Canadian stores for TRU,
WalMart, and Zellers.  Most all their prices are just under the US MSRP.
Regular prices in the Canadian stores, exchange rate taken into account, are
generally never more than the US MSRP, and are generally less, up to 30% or so
(using 7171 Pod Race as an extreme example).  High-demand low-supply items
like UCS X-Wings go at exactly the US MSRP, while more common stuff generally
sells for less.  The Americans come out better in the long run because they
have much bigger sales and very deep clearance prices, whereas the Canadian
prices generally stay higher.

If this new store is going to be competitive to Canadians, it needs to offer
those massive sales/clearances on its on-line store.  Otherwise their regular
prices are just too high.  They may not be so bad for US customers tho...

KDJ

Kyle D. Jackson, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, LUGNETer #203