 Marketplace / Shopping / 3710
Re: Frequency of LEGO sales?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 14:18:00 GMT

Going out of one's Dark Ages is a very expensive process. You first have to
replenish your collection and as an AFOL, you're not content with just a set
here and there, you want the whole collection. I'M collecting the Technic
series and all the good sets were made between 1995-1998. So I have to pay the
big price to get them. Since mi-december I bought the Technic sets: 8250, 8459,
8437, 8443, 8480, 8448, 8462, 8479, 8444, 8244, 8042, 8248; the Star Wars
Technic series: 8000, 8001, 8002 and the Mindstorms series: 9747, 9730, 9736,
3801. On top of that I had to buy several electrical service parts. This came
out to be a very expensive period but I'm almost done. I will soon be able to
build some serious stuff once I build the courage to disassemble those neat
models.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Christopher Lindsey writes:
I've been astounded lately by the number of sales at various
stores carrying LEGO toys.  And, quite frankly, it's been
pretty hard on my wallet.  Granted, I just came out of my
Dark Ages, but it seems that every time I'm ready to settle
back and enjoy, a new sale comes up and I have to buy more
on the off-chance that it won't happen again for a while.

So I'm wondering if the frequency of sales since December is
normal, or are is it just a fluke?  If it's normal, I can cut
back my spending and relax, maybe even sticking to a budget
(hahahahahaha).   I'm thinking mostly about the BOGO .5 sales,
as K-Mart has had roughly one a month.  And then there's those
great Web offers like Zany Brainy's Stone Tower Bridge, and the
castle parts pack (I mean 6097) and lots of other discontinued
stuff from kbkids.com...

I guess I'm just saying that I've spent a lot this past month,
and although I don't regret it, I shouldn't keep doing it.  Is
there an end in sight?  Or do I just need to pace myself?

Chris

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal
reply.