 Marketplace / Shopping / 3652
Re: Check your receipt for sale prices at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 03:26:17 GMT

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 01:23:55 GMT, "R2" <r2eng@primenet.com> wrote:

Be careful  of purchasing BOGO sales at TRU. I didn't get the proper sale
price because the clerk rang up my sets randomly. When he rang the sets up
together (for BOGO @ 50%) starting at the most expensive sets and then
ringing up the next most expensive sets the calculations were correct.

The wonderful programmers at TRU have struck again. The manager first told
me that if I wanted the BOGO to come out correctly I would have to make
separate purchases of each pair of Lego sets and if I wanted to make one
purchase I would have to accept the sale price that the register calculated.

If the sets are rung up randomly the register takes the lowest of two
consecutively rung up sets and discounts the cheapest. i.e. you buy a
$129.99 super car and a $2.99 Znap set, you get $1.49 off.

As a pathetic employee of that toy store known anagramically as TRU,
I'll have to say you've basically hit this on the head.  Another
solution is just to hand the items to the cashier one at at time to
make sure you get the highest pair rung first, then the next highest,
etc.  Might annoy the cashier (depends on how nice you are, or if they
already have a psychological disorder), but it is one way to do it.

How much do they pay employees at TRU?

No where near enough for the amount of stress.

Kya - who has to be at TRU at 8 in the morning for them to train for
more stuff to for yet more reasons to be stressed out.  I need a new
job -_-;