 Marketplace / Shopping / 3638
Re: Check your receipt for sale prices at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:13:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I bought some sets at a Kmart near me and the discounts didn't print on the
receipt until after the cashier hit payment tendered. However, the total shown on
the display to indicate the amount due was correct.

I thought this was odd, especially when compared to Target and others.

Dennis

Frank Filz wrote:

R2 wrote:

Be careful  of purchasing BOGO sales at TRU. I didn't get the proper sale
price because the clerk rang up my sets randomly. When he rang the sets up
together (for BOGO @ 50%) starting at the most expensive sets and then
ringing up the next most expensive sets the calculations were correct.

The wonderful programmers at TRU have struck again. The manager first told
me that if I wanted the BOGO to come out correctly I would have to make
separate purchases of each pair of Lego sets and if I wanted to make one
purchase I would have to accept the sale price that the register calculated.

If the sets are rung up randomly the register takes the lowest of two
consecutively rung up sets and discounts the cheapest. i.e. you buy a
$129.99 super car and a $2.99 Znap set, you get $1.49 off.

Interesting how these work out. K-Mart last year went from taking the
50% off the cheapest N/2 sets to requiring the cashier to manually hit a
50% off button (which left some cashiers giving you 50% off EVERY set)
to now working correctly (50% off every 2nd set when ordered by price
from highest to lowest). Of course they still had a glitch which gave me
trouble because an old set wasn't recognized by the system as being LEGO
brand. It's curious to me why they just last year solved the problem,
when these type of sales are older than the hills, and there must have
been previous products which caused people to buy a cartfull of sale
items.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

--
Dennis Williamson - Certified Y2K Complacent

Bad News: The next millenium starts on a Monday.
Good News: You get the day off.

(remove .NO and SPAM. to reply)