 Marketplace / Shopping / 3631
  Check your receipt for sale prices at TRU

Be careful of purchasing BOGO sales at TRU. I didn't get the proper sale price because the clerk rang up my sets randomly. When he rang the sets up together (for BOGO @ 50%) starting at the most expensive sets and then ringing up the next most (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping) !

  Re: Check your receipt for sale prices at TRU

(...) THIS is certainly good to know!!! (it would be much more helpful if the BOGO 50 were occuring here in New York State TRU --don't know for certain until I check, but unlikely). __Kevin Salm__ (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Check your receipt for sale prices at TRU

(...) Interesting how these work out. K-Mart last year went from taking the 50% off the cheapest N/2 sets to requiring the cashier to manually hit a 50% off button (which left some cashiers giving you 50% off EVERY set) to now working correctly (50% (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Check your receipt for sale prices at TRU

I bought some sets at a Kmart near me and the discounts didn't print on the receipt until after the cashier hit payment tendered. However, the total shown on the display to indicate the amount due was correct. I thought this was odd, especially when (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Check your receipt for sale prices at TRU

(...) Yea, I noticed that also. Not a good programming job, because it makes sharp customers (who haven't added it all up in their head) ask whether the sale was applied. (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Check your receipt for sale prices at TRU

(...) As a pathetic employee of that toy store known anagramically as TRU, I'll have to say you've basically hit this on the head. Another solution is just to hand the items to the cashier one at at time to make sure you get the highest pair rung (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)