 Marketplace / Shopping / 3029
Re: ZB Sale: 6195 Neptune Discovery Lab $45
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:51:55 GMT

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:40:43 GMT, "Nick Goetz" <ngoetz@iquest.net>
wrote:

Well I apologize for any trouble I may have caused.
   There were signs in the back of the store that said "25% off all
clearance items." Near the signs were mostly old Christmas and assorted
holiday leftovers. I went to the manager to ask specifically if LEGO in the
front of the store marked with the red discounted tags would be included.
Her reply was yes (This did include the shuttle as well). I have on more
than one occasion needed to remind the cashier of their own sale at the
register. For some reason they must hand type the discount instead of it
ringing  up correctly.
[...]

Oh, no trouble!

FYI, there *were* a number of ZBs selling Shuttles at 25% off the 50%
clearance price.  Several AFOLs got them, including myself.
Unfortunately the 6 I picked up got resold to friends and colleagues,
several of which I got hooked on Mindstorms.  Now I don't have any for
MEEEEE <snif>, so I've ordered the other 4.

Apparently the main office got wind of the 25%-off-50% LEGO deal
(likely because of all of us calling every ZB in the country -- I got
mine in AL, I live in NY) and put a stop to it.  This I saw on one of
the LUGNET forums and heard directly from a ZB employee (please don't
ask which state, I don't recall).

Great deal while it lasted, and if you have a local store still making
the deal my advise FWIW is to keep it quiet and enjoy your luck!

-gus

(P.S. - The vast majority of ZBs are out of stock on the Shuttles, and
those who have any typically have less than four.)