 Marketplace / Shopping / 288
Re: Wal-mart sale/3033
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 08:10:05 GMT

Rob Farver <rfarver@rcn.com> wrote:
I don't see how they could have realized that, considering the fact
that it simply can't be true.  No matter how many buckets or piles of
bricks you see for sale on eBay, RTL, here, wherever, I would be
willing to be huge sums of money that the parents who buy them for
their kids buy a hundred times more buckets than AFOLs or eBay
scalpers.

You know, I get tired of seeing eBay sellers generally referred to as scalpers.
Can't you just say eBay sellers?  From what I've seen, very few buckets are

No, I can't.  If I had meant eBay sellers in general (I belong to that
group, and you do too, I think) I would have said eBay sellers.  I
meant (and still do) eBay scalpers.

I'd say after last night it is painfully obvious that a very LARGE
percentage of the people selling Lego stuff on eBay are scalpers.
Just read some of the SW descriptions.

sold whole (the obvious exceptions being the halloween bucket and occasional
silver bucket).  For the most part people are breaking up buckets and selling
bulk lots by color.  This is done occasionally here on LUGNET and RTL and
isn't referred to as scalping, so why should it be on eBay?  Not only that,
but many of these bulk brick sellers are doing it to support their own LEGO
buying habits, just as parts sellers do on LUGNET and RTL.

In some cases, you're right.

The way I see it, if I want to sell something, I'm going to the place where
I can get the best price, and right now that seems to be eBay.  I know a lot
of you don't like eBay, and won't use it and that's fine, but just because
you don't like it doesn't mean you have to bash the people that DO use it.

I don't care for eBay at all, but I'm going to sell my 10
Scouttroopers on it just the same.

I didn't mean to bash everyone who uses eBay.  Sorry you misunderstood
what I meant.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide