 Marketplace / Shopping / 2368
Re: Kmart LEGO Sale!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 20:54:36 GMT

Frederick Paepke wrote in message ...
Kmart is doing it again (this is the third time in the last two
months), "Buy One, Get One 50% Off" on LEGO.

This sale runs January 23rd thru the 29th.

Kmart is starting to become my favorite LEGO purchasing haunt.

Boy, I guess I didn't read my K-Mart flyer close enough...

My experience from last year is that K-Mart runs at least 2 BOGO 50% sales
on LEGO per month during the spring. Looks like the trend may be January to
June. After June or so last year, they became less frequent, though the
overall frequency of interesting sales stayed modestly high as they had 20%
off all Star Wars toys on different weeks.

K-Mart doesn't seem to go for the drastic post Christmas clean out the toy
department that the other stores do, and instead, does it slowly during the
year, and conveniently is fairly reduced in time for the summer stuff to
come out.

Frank