 Marketplace / Shopping / 2379
Re: Kmart LEGO Sale!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 01:37:51 GMT

D Garcia wrote in message ...

Ray Sanders wrote in message <388CDB12.4180DD12@gate.net>...
I think this may be related to the timing of the inventory. Somewhere I

seem to recall that inventory happens at the end of the summer.

Hm, that's probably smart, end your fiscal year at the end of summer, and
you don't have to clearance as much stuff to reduce inventory for tax
purposes (though it will still hit your quarterly reports from a stock
perspective).

I'm sure this is their way of clearing out without marking everything down.

I'm sure that's part of it, and if it's true about when they do their
inventory, very smart all around (though I'm sure there's some downsides to
it, otherwise every store would do it that way).

Frank