 Marketplace / Shopping / 1971
  Re: Toys R Us Experience

"Doing some late night (...) I have the ultimate TRU rudeness story. About 1 week ago, I was taking inventory of the lego sets for my site (coming soon) and a clerk comes up to me and the following occured- Clerk- "what are you doing?" Me- "taking (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) This is something retailers are extremely sensitive about. The manager was assuming you were a "spy" for another retailer. I'm not sure what their exact protections under the law are, but from a purely Libertarian perspective, they have every (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) Stunningly pointless, IMHO. The measures that a store puts into place to prevent "spying" are invariably going to cost more than the potential loss of revenue. Again, IMHO, the potential loss of revenue is diddly squat - especially when (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) There was a pretty famous case from a few years back of a guy who was (I believe) arrested for taking down prices and product information at a Good Guys. His trial was covered on "48 Hours" or one of those other news shows. In his case, he had (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) <snipped> (...) Interesting experience and query. I have myself begun to collect stock position information for various stores which have NOS lying around. Typically I do this where they insist on sticking with MSRP. This allows me to locate a (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) If you want to question the manager's behaviour, it's best to go over his head. It's a corporation, so find out who his superior is--at the very least, you'll get a complete explanation of why he behaved the way he did, straight from the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)