 Marketplace / Shopping / 1822
Re: Minnesota.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 22:00:46 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:

Lindsay,

        I think I have said this a few times, Meijer has a policy to put all
items in stock, from the back, on the shelves as soon as possible. Since
the Toy department is the craziest department to work for in Meijer
during the Christmas season, I think they put it out there so they don't
have to worry about it. They have more sets arriving on the 26th,
anyway. I have seen TRU and Target have the sets before the 26th as
well. It just depends, but I have seen this pattern since I have started
working for Meijer off and on since 1994, and I suspect earlier, as
well. Three stores, three different locations! Columbus, Ohio, Flint,
Michigan, and now Ann Arbor, Michigan!

Ann Arbor-Saline Road?  Or the Pittsfield one?

The former is a really nice, well-organized store.  I spent many a night there as
an undergrad.  I'll probably do the same this Christmas holiday when I'm home--I
spend a lot of time in Ann Arbor.

And yeah, I agree about the stocking policy--I wasn't sure if it applied to toys
or just to other departments where friends have worked.

best,

Lindsay