 Marketplace / Shopping / 1811
Re: Minnesota.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:30:10 GMT

Lindsay,

I think I have said this a few times, Meijer has a policy to put all
items in stock, from the back, on the shelves as soon as possible. Since
the Toy department is the craziest department to work for in Meijer
during the Christmas season, I think they put it out there so they don't
have to worry about it. They have more sets arriving on the 26th,
anyway. I have seen TRU and Target have the sets before the 26th as
well. It just depends, but I have seen this pattern since I have started
working for Meijer off and on since 1994, and I suspect earlier, as
well. Three stores, three different locations! Columbus, Ohio, Flint,
Michigan, and now Ann Arbor, Michigan!

Scott S.

Mr L F Braun wrote:

Adam Hoekwater wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

From the looks of eBay, 2000 SW has begun to appear in Minnesota.  I've
seen a couple of auctions of new items originating there...and, of
course, they're at a serious premium.

-LFB

A lot of people are finding them in Eastern Michigan.
I found a couple at the local Meijer here in South Bend, IN.

I'd love to know what it is about Meijer that makes this happen *there*.
Not that I'm complaining--I mean, I pretty much lived in that store all
through college--but why there and not TRU or Zany Brainy?  I really really
REALLY wish I wasn't teaching this year, I could just drive the 11 hours
home for the holidays and *buy* some!

best,

Lindsay

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!

Quote of the Month: (In Slate)

Al Gore: "Even though national security policy didn't come up, I
suggested that one critical issue for voters to ponder is this:
Whose FINGER do you want on the CONTROL-ALT-DELETE button?"

These are the same people who sued MICROSOFT, folks. If he is that
ignorant about computers, he should not be anywhere near controlling
anything, much less the United States.