 Marketplace / Shopping / 1381
Re: Light Saber Duel on sale at Toysrus.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:12:04 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Will Middelaer writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Stanley writes:
Looks like a lot of Lego Star Wars items are on sale.

Gungan Sub $29.99

Woo Hoo!, I picked this up for $21.49 including sales tax.  Have to love those
suicidal 60%  off need to make the website traffic numbers look good sale!

My Gungan Sub just showed up from ToysRUs.com, and for some reason they
shipped it to me FedEx priority overnight even though I specified the free
shipping option.

I stand by my assertion that these websites are currently selling at a loss in
order to generate traffic.  Between the priority overnight shipping on a 2 -
2.5 pound box and the 19.99 price on a typically $49.99 set, they have to be
losing money on each sale.

Will