 Marketplace / Shopping / 12619
Re: Dark red 2x2 bricks in PAB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:25:17 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeramy Spurgeon wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh wrote:

“Jonathan Lopes” juanito11217@yahoo.com wrote in message news:JDro88.IEs@lugnet.com...
   I was up in my not-so-local Lego Store (Palisades Center Mall) this weekend and was happy to discover dark red 2x2 bricks in the PAB selection. Being that I am only able to get to the store a limited number of times a year I bought a number of cups.

While there I also learned that the Paramus Park Mall Lego store in NJ will be closing. The last day is this Friday or Saturday.

Jonathan

The Bridgeware Mall store in NJ had dark red 1x4 tiles last Tuesday when I was in town for business. They didn’t have very many though.

Mike

The Portland store also has the dark red 1x4 tiles, I’ve been a frequent customer and am just finishing up a MOC with 98% PaB (http://www.bzpower.com/kelly/redbldg3b.jpg - this’ll likely go into a display case at the store for a few weeks once it’s done). The local store has had some good pieces recently, although they’ve currently got mostly just basic brick.

Kelly

Looks great Kelly. I’m working on a building using the same design (dark red tiles out) since I was lucky enough to be able to split a case of these tiles with a friend.

Cool, I’m looking forward to seeing it.

   BTW- It is usually cheaper if you buy a case, the stores in Chicago sell them for $70.00 and they usually equal about 6-7 cups.

Yeah, the Portland store does that sometimes too. But I didn’t think to ask, and the real reason: it’s much easier to sell my wife the concept of one or two PaB cups at a time rather than a one-time $70 purchase. “But hon, it’s only $12.95!”

Kelly