 Marketplace / Shopping / 12323
Re: What happened to Harry Potter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 07:25:00 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Erik Olson wrote:
I was starting to worry for Lego. Almost nobody in Milwaukee is showing much
Lego this Christmas except Toys R Us. Wal-Mart, very narrow range, Target, bare
shelves, Kohl's, Clikits. It makes it look like they are dropping Lego from
retail. It will be a great relief to hear how well Lego really did when the
annual report comes out.

-Erik

I HOPE that LEGO is actually doing well this season.

I have a feeling that they aren't though, and that they seriously
under-estimated demand and now do not have the production capacity to play
catch-up quickly enough.

I also hope that quality does not go down as they rush to meet this demand...

Troy