 Marketplace / Shopping / 12249
Re: 2006 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 02:28:58 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Lesser wrote:
   http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=148078

((snipped)) Is Lego attempting to phase out the minfig and make the Jack Stone type figure the new figure? Or is the JS size being phased out, but the pieces are being used in new sets? Or even a third question is Lego attempting to allow consumers to use both their normal mini figures and their JS figures at the same time?

What does everyone think?

They seem to be moving toward a more realistic scale for their vehicles. (A good move in my opinion.) The problem is that in doing so, Lego added a lot of “juniorization” in the process.

Lego, why do we have to choose between having to choose between ...

A plane that built to the right scale, but with a “juniorized” nose that doesn’t seem very “Lego.“

or

A 4-wide plane that’s really too narrow to realistically represent any modern commercial jet, but one that has a building experience truer to Lego’s core values.

Can we get both scale and a good building experience in the same set?

-Steven