 Marketplace / Shopping / 12245
  2006 sets

I was on brickshelf and saw this: (URL) looked at the new airliner sets and had a question that I wanted to present to the AFOLs of the world. Is Lego attempting to phase out the minfig and make the Jack Stone type figure the new figure? Or is the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2006 sets

(...) I think that Lego are trying to use the pieces in new ways (which is what Lego is all about really). Those sets are most definitely minifig scale. If you look closely, they do actually have a mix of large, one-use parts and small, normal (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: 2006 sets

(...) I am wondering if they simply might be taking an 'easy build' approach as they did with last seasons large dump truck. "Easy build, quick play". It doesn't really matter to me, though. I haven't built a lego set in quite a long time and don't (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2006 sets

(...) They seem to be moving toward a more realistic scale for their vehicles. (A good move in my opinion.) The problem is that in doing so, Lego added a lot of "juniorization" in the process. Lego, why do we have to choose between having to choose (...) (19 years ago, 7-Oct-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: 2006 sets

(...) Wouldn't this be where the "creativity" comes in? If I'ma kid, and I see how I can build a 4-wide plane, wouldn't I recognize that a wider plane would be better, so I'll look at all my parts and figure out how to make a wider plane? (plates & (...) (19 years ago, 7-Oct-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: 2006 sets

(...) Agreed. But is there a point where the pieces are so large and so specialized that it loses the creativity? That plane nose reminds me more of Playmobil than an open-ended building toy. (URL) -Steven (19 years ago, 7-Oct-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: 2006 sets

(...) I agree. When I saw these new planes I felt thoroughly disappointed and uninspired. My hunch is that they're looking to put a 5+ age rating on the box. And if that's the case, I can't blame them for thinking they have to juniorize something. (...) (19 years ago, 7-Oct-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, FTX)