 Marketplace / Shopping / 11553
Re: LEGO F1 Ferrari Collection, look but don't touch!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 19:27:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Aaron West wrote:

<snip>
Why am I not surprised...
Disappointment sets in.  Why even advertise the stupid sets on the World Wide
Web, if they are not intending to sell to the World.  Especially the World's
largest consumer economy????  What is the point LEGO???  I can see why so many
people get frustrated in other nations now (Australia), it's just stupid.

Is Mega Blocks this bad??  I don't think so.  It just seems like another whimsy
in which LEGO fails to interpret or target the consumer for sales.

-Aaron-
Frustrated Adult Fan of F1 Racing and Building Toys

Patience Aaron!  No need to start bashing our favorite toy company :)
As you can see in another thread, some of these sets are
already available at Legoland California, and the large Technic 8386 Ferrari
has been available in Shop@Home North America for over 1 week.  So they will be
here, you just have to wait a little bit.... :)

You have to remember that Formula 1 is huge in Europe, and often appears as
front page news. Here (Toronto, Canada and probably the rest of North America)
you're lucky to find a small article on F1 buried somewhere near the back of the
sports section.  So it makes sense for LEGO to release the first production runs
in Europe, probably coinciding with the European start of the F1 season last
month.  The F1 circus arrives in North America for the Canadian and US GPs in
June,  so I would suspect they'd be available for order by that time (either
from Shop@Home and probably at the races themselves).

I too am looking forward to the new sets, especially the Technic 8386.
I check shop.lego.com almost daily to see if all the Ferrari sets are available
to Canada yet.... :)

Play well!

John