 Marketplace / Shopping / 1115
Re: Our Trip to the LEGO Store...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 20:03:15 GMT

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999 04:25:47 GMT, "Mike Walsh"
<mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote:

According to my mom (from one of the people she works with), the store at
Potomac Mills Mall (Dale City, Virginia vacinity) is reportedly already
open.  My parents are supposed to check it out this weekend and let me know
what they find.

After reading this on Friday morning, I went a little nuts trying to
track down confirmed information since PM is within a long lunch hour
drive from where I work.  That's when things got weird:  The URL that
I'd used the day before (www.potomacmills.com) stopped working.  A
Yahoo search for Potomac Mills returned a slightly different URL (with
a hyphen between Potomac and Mills) which also didn't work.  I looked
up the general information phone number and called, then gave up after
about 20 rings.  It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

I tried the phone number again yesterday (Saturday) afternoon and got
an answer.  The lady I spoke to said that not only is the LEGO store
*not* open yet, they don't even have a confirmed date.  She suggested
that I call back closer to Christmas.  She offered this information
without hesitation, which makes me a little more inclined to believe
it (as opposed to thinking it was a stock 'I dunno' response), but the
no confirmed date part seems a little odd.

So, Mike, were your parents able to do any first hand sleuthing?

Dwight