 Marketplace / Shopping / 10900
    My Pick-A-Brick Experience —Mike Walsh
   I had the opportunity to visit the new Chicagoland LEGO store at Woodfield Mall last night. Tim Courtney and Ondrew Hartigan (who both work there but were not on duty) offered to meet me at the store and I met up with them shortly after 7:00. Over (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: My Pick-A-Brick Experience —Jeff Reuland
     I have made a couple trips to the Woodfield P-A-B store since it opened. I quikly learned that taking your time packing the blocks in can result in 30-40% or more increase in your spoils! Trees really require a few minutes work to pack in the cups (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: My Pick-A-Brick Experience —Mark Papenfuss
     In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh wrote: Thanks for sharing the story, I always like hearing about these types of things. (...) I think there may be some benefits to the cups over the weight system. I took one of the large cups with me on my (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: My Pick-A-Brick Experience —David Eaton
   (...) Not that I have any real clue, but I'd probably guess because one or many of: - extra maintenance keeping a scale accurate - having customers constantly waiting to weigh their winnings, until they had gotten up to their desired price - making (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: My Pick-A-Brick Experience —Mark Papenfuss
   (...) The way they have it set up at LLCA the customers are able to put it on the scale themself and the weight and price shows up. I see MANY parents saying "thats too much, go put it back" to the kids who have a bag full of mixed up parts. I would (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)