 Marketplace / Shopping / 10753
Re: Orlando PaB -- Initial Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 03:25:21 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping Mike Case <mcase@metrolink.net> wrote:

I have uploaded some pictures of the P-A-B setup to brickshelf.  I
included pictures of all of the bins in case my color listings were
unclear.

Mike's pictures from the Orlando LIC are very similar (parts-wise, and
even locations of the parts) to the setup at the Mall of America (Minnesota)
LIC, which just opened last week.  There are definitely some great parts
but I was disappointed that there is nothing smaller than a 1x2 brick - no
1x1s, and no plates except 2x4 purple and dark grey, 2x8 red, and 4x8 yellow.
The smaller parts are definitely a good deal relative to S@H's "bulk"
packs.  1x2 transparent bricks are $6.99 for 50 ($0.14 each) through S@H,
but you can get about 450 (pouring them in, no packing) in the $12.95 cup
($0.03 each).  I'm curious how they compare to the sold-by-weight at LLC
and elsewhere.

Buying by volume instead of by weight gives you more incentive to spend
time carefully packing the cups.  I admit to spending about 45 minutes on
my first cup, but don't generally have that much time to waste. :)

The LIC staff did say that they will rotate the stock as things sell out.
We'll see!

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/