 General / 43003
Re: Orlando PaB -- Initial Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:47:15 GMT

Thank you for having posted that summary of the Orlando PaB!  I just got back
from there, and the selection is a little different from what you saw last week.
Specifically, the bin which used to hold 1x2 clear colorless bricks is now
empty, and there weren't any 1x4 white picket fences left either (I forget
what's in that bin now).

I packed a large container full of bricks; I'm eager to go count to see how many
I got.  :-)  A couple of tips: you can fit eighteen 1x2 bricks on their ends
around the inside lip of the bottom of the container, around the stud
indentation.  The inside height of the container is about 14 bricks tall; I
packed 8-tall stacks in the bottom and 6-tall stacks in the top, and fit smaller
pieces in the empty spaces.  I even squeezed some bricks into the stud in the
container's lid.  ;-)

We should keep track of how many bricks people can fit into those things!  I'm
tempted to pour water into mine before I take all the bricks out, and find out
exactly how much volume I wasted.  ;)