 Marketplace / Shopping / 10624
Re: TRU discountin' like a over stocked Walmart., and so is KBToys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:54:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Matt Penney wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, James Seibert wrote:

<snip>

I stopped at both a Toysrus & a KBToys store last night.  (Cumberland Mall in
Smyrna, GA).  Here's the rundown of what I remember:

KBToys:
Star Wars StoryTellers (Final Duels 3 for $10, Jedi Defenses $5 ea)
SW Droid Fighters 3 for $5
SW Technic Pit Droid $13
Some Soccer/Futball (cleared out the last Grandstands 3403 for $5)
Some Jurassic Park III sets
Old Bionicles
Shell Vehicles 3 for $5

ToysRUs
Sale Items included (but not limited to):
All the Soccer/Futball sets (Stadium Lights for $3.98)
All Life On Mars 50% off or more (observation:  the Alien Discovery Pack was
selling for $3.98 while one of its components 7313 was selling individually for
$3.98)
All Island Extreme, roughly 33% off
Trains (Railway Express & the Classic Train Kit, 50% off)
Old Bionicles
Some Harry Potter
Some Star Wars (Bounty Hunter Pursuit for $20)
All Studios, including Movie Monsters & Spiderman sets (I saw a Backdrop set for
<$20, which I think is 2/3 off)
  NOTE:  I was at the Toysrus on Pleasant Hill in Duluth, GA 2 weekends ago,
and some of the Studios sets, such as the Temple of Gloom, had LEGO coupon
stickers on them, $1 off a purchase over $5.  The Smyrna Toysrus did not these
coupons, so these are hit or miss, I guess.

And now I've gone over budget...
John