 Marketplace / Shopping / 10622
Re: TRU discountin' like a over stocked Walmart.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 00:12:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Matt Penney wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, James Seibert wrote:
I talked to the manager at my local TRU and asked if she had sets in the
stockroom. She went to check and came back and said just a couple of the big
X-wings. It turns out that there were four sets in decent shape and one opened
and they were only $70 each.

So ask them to check their overstock stuff from Christmas. You might win the
Mil. Falcon lottery .

My TRU still has some Gungan subs, UCS Ties, Wattos Junkyard, and sorry, no
Millenium Falcons. I wish. The weird thing was the Gungan Sub was still full
price. We also have Imperial shuttles and MTT at full price.

They are also discounting the rest of their overstock for everything. I couldn't
write it all down because there were so many items. I have never seen anything
like this at the local TRU. I just hope the sale extends to shuttles and other
items

My TRU has tons of sets up to 50% off.  The tags indicate that the clearances
were advertised.  No falcons or USC's.  Two items that caught my eye were the
7317 areo tube hanger and 6600 highway construction, what are these worth?
There were also some vison commands, extreme creature and sports packs for RCX.
Tons on sale, those were just the items that interested me.

Matt

P.S.  I still have three 4589's for $20 ea.
Talked to a "supervisor" at TRU today, while fishing for information on a
possible next mark down.  He didn't give any me any specifics but said the new
Christmas stock would be in and needed to on the shelf by late August.  In my
little town there is a good chance I may see a good selection in a second wave
of discounts :D

Matt

P.S. If your wondering, I live in Kipaway, Kansas...yea thats the ticket