 Marketplace / Shopping / 10611
Re: TRU discountin' like a over stocked Walmart.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 03:46:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Adrian Drake wrote:
Looks to be nationwide. My TRU has similar discounts.  Tons of sets at a
pretty good discount.

     My TRU has the discount in full swing now.  Since my trip yesterday,
they've marked down the Toa Nuva, Boxor, Super Battle Droid, and UCS Naboo
Fighter, and they had a few shelf cards up mentioning a whole list of sets
(though I couldn't even find the two Alpha Team sets that were on clearance).
Also, just because a set was not listed on clearance, and does not have a
clearance price tag, it does not mean the price hasn't been knocked down a bit.
I checked both the TECHNIC Darth Vader and the TECHNIC R2-D2/C-3PO 2-pack, and
they were marked down to $30 each, even though their price tags still read $40.

I hope this means they're clearing space for a huge NASA Discovery stock :)

     NASA/Discovery yes, but also TECHNIC, Advanced Designer, Bionicle, Star
Wars, Inventor, Hockey, the big NBA set, Gravity Games (skateboarding and
snowboarding), OE China, Trains, World City, Racers, and yes, even Clikits.  All
of these sets are due out within the next month and a half, if they haven't
already started to show up (I know my local TRU has Vorahk and a variety of
Clikits bags already).