 Marketplace / Shopping / 10309
Re: Let The Target Clearance Begin!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 01:17:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:

"Tom Reed" <tdreed@NOSPAMtxcyber.com> wrote in message
Hi All,
I just want to wish everyone a "Very Merry Christmas" and remind you that
the Target clearance sales have started!  Like last year, they have • already
started marking items down and placing them in a clearance aisle.  The • first
markdown is 30% and at my Target, they had older Star Wars, Harry Potter, • My
Trains (which were already marked down), Alpha Team, Soccer, Jack Stone,
Racers, Bionicle, Spybots, and Galidor stuff!  The My Train sets were not
marked down anymore as of yet (still 30%).  I didn't get a list of all the
sets I saw as I didn't have time.  You'll have to go check it out • yourself.
The store I was at had some of the Technic Star Wars sets like 8010 (Darth
Vader) already at half price!  Of course those have been on sale at other
places as well.  I only bought a few items this time as I'm waiting for • the
next markdown.  Hopefully there will still be sets available then.  Here • are
a few that I remember:

[ ... snipped ... ]

FWIW - the woman working the Target toy department I spoke with today told
me that clearance toy items would NOT be at 50% when they open on Thursday.
YMMV.

Mike

I also visited one Target store today (S.E. US) and noted a 30% clearance
markdown on about 40% of the Lego sku's. Items *not* on clearance at that store
were any of the "My Own Train" kits and the two large Harry Potter sets
(Hogwarts castle and the other one whose nam escapes me at the momment). A
fairly large stack of 4105 (IIRC) buckets were just inside the front door
marked to $7.49 (25% off I think). I do not expect any further toy markdowns at
Target for at least a couple of weeks.

Also, at a TRU nearby, they had a fairly large stack of 3420 Championship
Challenge II on sale for $19.97. Is this a corporate markdown ?

Ray