 Marketplace / Shopping / 10066
Re: Target clearances greater than 75% off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 02:51:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kevin Johnston writes:

I don't specifically recall Lego sets at this price range -- but in my area
Lego is usually cleared out long before the 75% discount.

However, Target stores WILL go to around 85-90% if there is sufficient
overstock.  I have seen this several times in the toy section, though I
wouldn't call it common at all.

(The 75% off "absolute rock bottom" cited among many toy collectors is a myth.
It's just that the vast majority of stuff WILL sell at 75%, and the next
level rarely needs to kick in outside of seasonal stuff being blown out.)

I was under the impression that a price ending in the number 4 signified
the final markdown.  That is, until the Hagrid's Huts, which at $6.98
were 75% off.  I didn't dare wait to see if they came down further because
the few I did manage to find were either in a punctured box or were
misshelved and, therefore, overlooked.  So I am curious to hear a decent
explanation of the 4707 clearance pricing.

I do agree that holiday merchandise is marked down much more aggressively (on
the way home I saw Halloween items already at 30% off).

I got a Temple of Gloom for $.36 and my NLS once found a couple of 8735's for
between $4 and $5, but they were marked with the long orange tag printed out
for items not in the system.

Maggie C. (another inveterate bargain hunter)