 Marketplace / Shopping / *8694 (-20)
  Re: Weird Find at Detroit-Area TRUs

(...) I can concur on some of these observations... it appears that TRUs had the 'no available shelf space for these items' boxed away in the storeroom for the holidays. That includes all kind of one-offs and other strange old stuff. Check your (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Weird Find at Detroit-Area TRUs

Hi folks, It looks like it's cleaning day at some of the TRUs; I found something very, very weird at 7 mile and Middlebelt (Livonia): a pail full of polybag set 3744, the My Own Train Green Kit. No documentation, no instructions, no context (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Premature Discount Wackiness at 8 Mile and Van Dyke Target (FOTM? :) )

(...) ...Including, as I found out on Saturday the 5th, some stores going full-bore to 75% off. I happened by 8 Mile and Van Dyke (Detroit) to check out the inventory, saw a load of good sets including a bunch of Imperial Shuttles and Watto's (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!

(...) While at Target today, I was told that Wednesday was the next day to adjust Toy clearances. The shelves were reset today as forcasted by Lugnet. And to my surprise several sets reappeared to the inventory. :) Maybe Wednesday will be a very (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Newer Sets Sighted at Target!

I haven't seen too much mentioned about some of the newer sets being seen. I was at my local Target today (in Texas) and they had on the shelves the new Alpha team sets such as "Ogel Underwater Base" and "At Command Patrol"! They also had the Star (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Lego Outlet Sale Items

I just got done talking with some people from the Dawsonville (North Georgia) Lego Outlet store. Here are some of there current sale items. #9709 RCX Programmable Brick - $69.99 #5876 Bellville Hospital Ward - 29.99 And some computer games for $4.99 (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!

(...) Actually, Target controls this on a store by store basis. 2 weeks ago, Kare 11 (local TV news here in Minn) had a 15 minute extra on store advancements on how they are trying to improve moving merchandise. Target was explaining how the system (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New Alpha Team Set - Brickshelf URL

Taken from a very long thread with many posters. . . (...) tells the database admins about sets that aren't in the database. . . TWS Garrison (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Mystery set found at TRU

<snip> (...) Oh, BTW. This is right. The canopy alone is very cool. (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Mystery set found at TRU

This was mentioned 2 weeks ago, and have been popping up at TRU's all over. (URL) no one has been able to track down *why* it's not in any new materials from Lego. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Surprise Bag Offer Questions

(...) I know it has also been discussed here, including (URL) there's been more discussion than that, but I don't have time to search now. I do recall feeling I got a pretty good deal whenever I ordered one. Maggie C. (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Surprise Bag Offer Questions

(...) I don't think we have seen this type of deal from Shop At Home for a few years, but in the 1990's it was offered most years. Some past discussions about similar offers are here --> (URL) the first 5 discussions listed here --> (URL) no one yet (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

(...) Yes, first time I have ever been to that one. I usually just hit the one at the mall, but decided to try this one as well. "Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:GpJ6nC.D94@lugnet.com... (...) Target (...) still (...) the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!

Around Atlanta most Targets have the Lego moved to the clearance isle at 50% off and some of them had clearance Lego on the back end of the Lego isle. But I wouldn't say there was anything to run out for, a lot of Droid Escapes and the Artic bundles (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!

I hit 3 of those Targets last Sunday morning and didn't find anything interesting. The Wal-Mart in Fond Du Lac was picked over too. Are you counting the Target in Kimblerly (I-41 exit) as Appleton? (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!

Well it's Sunday, so we woke early this morning to do the Wisconsin Target run. We did Oshkosh, Appleton (x2) and Fond Du Lac Targets and they are all still at 30%. Strangest thing was one Appleton store had Railway express at 30% off, the other (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Mystery set found at TRU

(...) There's still plenty of them in Upstate New York (at least a little north of Albany or Rochester), for $69.99, various stores. Just an FYI. plucky (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Mystery set found at TRU

Went on my weekend trip to TRU today and just got back. Bought set number 4789 Alpha Team Aquatic Mech. Checked the TLC site and found no words on this set. Did Lego put this set out or is it a mistake that is suppose to come out later in the year. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!

<<<Snip>>> (...) <<<Snip>>> Or they just might not go on clearance at all. I went to our closest Target yesterday and they still had lots of stuff at 30% off. I decided to wait until today and see if it went down to 50%. IT'S GONE. A quick (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!

"Matt Penney" <glister5454@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GpI5r7.3rF@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) of (...) I agree - I got the impression that it was an aggregate flow of clearance items the computer monitored. (...) Perhaps (...) The (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact