 Marketplace / Shopping / *849 (-10)
  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Simon Robinson (<FJBD82.DyF@lugnet.com>) wrote at 02:21:38 (...) I agree, but they don't know that sort of thing until someone tells them. I couldn't believe it when they said that 250 were going to America just for 2 orders. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) Yeah, I saw that on another site last night. Passed on it, though, because some people reported that the $20 code was actually out of a catalog intended only for Atlanta residents, and that some people (maybe not all) were being told that they (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) Nah, too much trouble. I know *I* wouldn't bother doing that if I were a retailer. The point is to sell your stock on hand and make a profit. If Larry or anyone else wanted to artificially limit the number they would sell to people, fine, or (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

That is really good of them. But what would be nice in that case would be if they could be persuaded - when they know they've got a rare old set that is in heavy demand - to restrict the numbers of the set that they will sell to any one person, in (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Mike Walsh wrote in message ... (...) Following up on my own post ... when I got home this evening my shipment from BusyBee was on the island in my kitchen. I am now the proud owner of six 4536 Blue Hopper Cars. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) These are auctions not sales: (URL)Many people may not (...) I know that's a problem, Busy-Bee do want the ability to accept e-mail orders in the near future but would you trust your credit card numbers in an e-mail - there lies the trouble. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) any (...) They charged me for my Lego, not the dolls, or is it "collectible figures"? :-) The guy on the phone said to return them, they would pay for shipping. He says my order is in the warehouse and to give it another week for my package to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) I actually just ordered two of these for my wife. How much did they charge you for yours, and are you going to be able to return them for a full refund? Oh, and I found out that their system does do a little checking to see if you've used the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) I'll try it. KB has a Star Trek board, I put out a plea for help. I don't think it'll do any good, but it made me feel better for some reason. Julie (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Frank Filz (<37FDD0C1.1B37@mind...ring.com>) wrote at 11:08:49 (...) I've pointed this out to them several times. It's really refreshing to deal with a shop which isn't just in it to screw as much out of everyone as possible. The (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact