 Marketplace / Shipping / 36
  Packaging

Anyone got any general tips on packaging? I'm just about to send off an 8480 space shuttle. I'd like to put it in an extra cardboard box to make sure it's safe, though so far I've completely failed to scrounge any such boxes off work :( Assuming I (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Packaging

(...) Plastic bag for sure, and styrofoam peanuts instead of newspaper. They compress less so you can cram a bunch in and rigidise the packing, and they weigh less too. Go to a concern that gets stuff sent in and you no doubt can get some for free. (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Packaging

It's true, your buyer does appreciate it. *grin* I've gotten boxes from Canada before and the styrofoam peanuts are a wonderful thing. I've also received a box wrapped in brown paper, and while the box did get a bit munched, the lego boxes (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Packaging

(...) (all part of the service! I'm factoring for Simon and have cleared Anne's check already, IIRC) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Packaging

(...) Do you mark the individually? ;-) -br3iler (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Packaging

(...) He he, no. But to a certain extent you can recognise US and Euro, there is just something different about the non US ones. (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)