 Marketplace / Shipping / 138
Re: Molded Baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 07:54:14 GMT

Richard,

I've sent numerous pairs of the molded baseplates from Neptunde Discovery
Lab to various places around the country.  I've not received any complaints
that they were damaged.

If you do it right, these fit perfectly into the large priority mail boxes
from the USPS.  They just fit right in, and I don't even have to use any
other packing material.

I just checked, and two of the large 32x48 baseplates from the Rock Raiders
HQ will fit into the Priority Mail bax nicely as well.  Although I've not
actualyl shipped them.

Troy

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.market.shipping
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2000 7:41 AM
Subject: Molded Baseplates

Hey y'all:

Over the course of the last year I have received three sets with damaged
molded baseplates.  Two came out of mint and sealed boxes that way, while • the
third was part of an online purchase along with several other parts.  Two • of
the molded baseplates were mailed to me -- one was from Shop@Home, no • less.

The damage I am finding has two major variations: one is stress damage • which
leads to a white discoloration of the plastic where it has been bent or • made
to flex, and the other is actual cracks or tears in the plastic.

Are these plates deemed generally to be fragile or sturdy?

How do people normally go about packing them for mailing purposes -- say • from
east to west coasts of the U.S.?

Are my experiences freak occurences?

Thanks in advance,

Richard