 Marketplace / Shipping / 136
135  |  137
Subject:
Molded Baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:41:27 GMT

Hey y'all:

Over the course of the last year I have received three sets with damaged
molded baseplates.  Two came out of mint and sealed boxes that way, while the
third was part of an online purchase along with several other parts.  Two of
the molded baseplates were mailed to me -- one was from Shop@Home, no less.

The damage I am finding has two major variations: one is stress damage which
leads to a white discoloration of the plastic where it has been bent or made
to flex, and the other is actual cracks or tears in the plastic.

Are these plates deemed generally to be fragile or sturdy?

How do people normally go about packing them for mailing purposes -- say from
east to west coasts of the U.S.?

Are my experiences freak occurences?

Thanks in advance,

Richard