 Marketplace / Shipping / *481 (-10)
  Re: US Postal rates to increase this July

(...) It may well kill Priority Mail, period. Their attempt to maximise revenue may move them to a far different place on the demand curve (as in, far less demand!) meaning they get less revenue after all. I'm happy to overpay on short distances and (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: US Postal rates to increase this July

(...) Well, first of all, I've found that the people that complain most about a business are the people that work there, so that's not necesarily an extra bad sign. Anyway, I didn't know, so I looked for the definitions of the zones. I found this on (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: US Postal rates to increase this July

(...) For those of you who detest all of those junk mailers, try the following: If the mailer includes a postage paid mail back envelope, just stuff everything they sent (including the outer envelope) back in the mail back envelope and return it to (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: US Postal rates to increase this July

(...) It's not so much the increase that is bugging me, but rather that they are going to the zoned system for all Priority Mail packages over 1 pound now instead of 5 pounds. Not only is this coing to make it substantially more expensive to ship (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:GtG930.GFJ@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) of (...) Anthax will do that to you. And extremely bad management. What manager wouldn't want a job that pays you a huge bonus for losing money. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: US Postal rates to increase this July

(...) Well, First Class Mail is taking nearly twice as long to reach its destination as it used to; I blame security procedures and (for some things) more vigilant customs or even irradiation for it. But I'm happy to pay higher prices--the USPS, for (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: US Postal rates to increase this July

(...) It seems that the postal service just keeps raising the prices to ship things. What's up woth that? You think 9-11 had to do with that? It is kind of sad that the postal service's workers think that way. Well, I guess that's because of the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: US Postal rates to increase this July

(...) A post office employee told me back before the holidays already that if the proposed rate changes went through they would put themselves right out of the Priority Mail business. Not a good sign when your own workers can't find something good (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: US Postal rates to increase this July

I've got some choice words for the USPS that I am trying REALLY hard to keep to myself right now. Dirty #$%#$%# Troy "Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message news:GtE4FJ.Jv0@lugnet.com... (...) happen (...) flat-rated (...) requested, (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) True, one could do that, of course it's probably a pain to get UPS to come out and pick up a package they left off... Frank (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact