 Marketplace / Services / 308
  Delays possible

Expect some factoring and sale consummation delays... I took a hard drive hit, I have web access via other machines only, making it hard to do anything. New PC coming to my house wed/thu so it should be only a brief delay (sysem won't boot but I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Delays possible

(...) You *DID* do a weekly backup I hope... ? I know what it's like, one of the reasons I bought a CD-RW unit. Sure paid itself back multiple times already ;-) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Delays possible

(...) Kinda tough when you're on the road. My last backup was the last time I was home, 3 weeks ago. Much as I'd like to take every possible useful thing with me, there isn't room in my luggage. I am not TOO worried, the drive is readable, just not (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Things looking up (was Re: Delays possible

(...) OK, I am posting from my brand spanking new T20, 750 Mhz P3, 20 Gig HD, DVD instead of CDRom, Win 2000 instead of NT4...(but less memory than before, only 384M). The drive from the 600X is in the second bay and reads just fine, email has been (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Things looking up (was Re: Delays possible

(...) These are sweet machines. I was playing with one last week. The integrated network card is a bit flaky on our network, but that's the only complaint I could come up with on this one. (and I'm stretching a bit) I like the move back to a smaller (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Things looking up (was Re: Delays possible

(...) I dunno if I have that, I have a PCMCIA card for networking. Which I hvaen't got to work yet... but then my network here is peer to peer only. (...) I hope to have a docking station soon (well, a port expander, actually). Which I will need in (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Things looking up (was Re: Delays possible

(...) Same thing on this model. (...) Hunh. Didn't notice that - but then, the only time I use floppies nowadays in in conjunction with a Mavica. (...) You're pickier than I am. ;) Which you should be, since you're the user, and I'm just the fix-it (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)