 Off-Topic / Geek / 2362
Re: Things looking up (was Re: Delays possible
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 18:09:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, James Brown writes:

These are sweet machines.  I was playing with one last week.  The integrated
network card is a bit flaky on our network, but that's the only complaint I
could come up with on this one. (and I'm stretching a bit)

I dunno if I have that, I have a PCMCIA card for networking. Which I hvaen't
got to work yet... but then my network here is peer to peer only.

I like the move back to a smaller docking station, too.  It makes the whole
thing more portable.

I hope to have a docking station soon (well, a port expander, actually).

Same thing on this model.

Which I will need in order to use the floppy... I don't like not having a
floppy drive externally attachable, having it in the bay only sucks.

Hunh.  Didn't notice that - but then, the only time I use floppies nowadays
in in conjunction with a Mavica.

Also I don't like the telco conn being in back... and it runs hotter than my
old one, but other than that, seems nice.

You're pickier than I am. ;)  Which you should be, since you're the user,
and I'm just the fix-it guy.
Error-checking on my memory puts the "built-in" network card on the port
expander/docking bar.  I also didn't notice the one here running
particularly hot - check your environment. <grin, duck>

By all reports, this model doesn't have the battery problems that the 600's
did either, which is a Good Thing.

James