 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 753
Re: Is Jambalaya a dismal failure?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:11:34 GMT

Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote:

Why are we seeing so FEW updates from so MANY boxes bouncing around to so
MANY people?

I can understand not having the time to write up an inventory of swapped
parts (I don't have time to do that), but I can't understand not having 30
seconds to post in here that you just got a box, and then another 30 to
post that you just sent it on.

Where ARE all the damned boxes?  From the few posts I've seen in here,
Tamy's page isn't up to date on very many boxes (which is definitely NOT
her fault).

POST, people, dammit!

Apparently many of them are circulating without posts being put here.
I've got Junk Box #1 in hand, plan to mail it Monday. Junk Box #2 and
Minifig Box #2 are on their way to me. I'll be contacting the next of
kin for each of these boxes separately, but if you're one of the three
people, feel free to send me your postal address. Note that JB#2 will be
heading up for a Canadian tour, so there won't be a lot of progress
showing on Tammy's page.

Or I'd think it would be about time to gather them all up and donate them
to some charity and be done with it, too many people are being
irresponsible about the time they hold a box.  If you can't get around to
even opening it for a week or more, SEND IT ON.

I don't think there is as much delay as it appears (well except for
JB#2). What I would appreciate is if people would post "hey I've got box
X, I'm just swamped and that's why I haven't done anything with it"
(note that things have been a little hectic at my place or I would have
done more about getting JB#1 on its way).

One thing which may contribute to the slowness: It seems that the boxes
have too little interesting stuff compared to the cost of shipping. I
suspect that this is causing people to not be excited about the whole
thing. I suggest we try and increase the interest of the boxes, and
perhaps pull out things like basic bricks or other incredibly common
bits. Perhaps the junk boxes should be canned also (just not enough
possibilities there), though they could become a haven for mismatched
parts which might make them more interesting.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com