 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 499
  Where are all the boxes?

Are the boxes moving around and people just aren't posting about it or are they all languishing in the last recipient's corner? We've had news on one box in the past week out of what, 10 or 11 boxes? Do we need a rule like if it takes you more than (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Where are all the boxes?

(...) Um, status report: the Weeks box wasn't in my PO Box as of Friday evening. I'll check today after work. If that's languishing (waiting til the end of the day) then I'm guilty! :-, Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Where are all the boxes?

I know one box is on it's way to Steve Bliss, I mailed it out the other day when I finally got a chance to get the post, I have General box 4 here right now and I'm hoping after homework tonight I get the chance to open it... it will be a couple (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Where are all the boxes?

(...) The Drab box is sitting by my door waiting to be mailed out - it sat for a bit, because I quadrupled it's size, and because there's 5 people in the Edmonton area who all got a crack at it. Mostly, however, it sat for so long because I was (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Where are all the boxes?

Although I have sent my box already, it did take me a couple of weeks. My work schedule got extremely busy and made it hard for me to do anything else. That situation also made it nearly impossible to get to the post office as well. LEGO comes (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Where are all the boxes?

Since I'm new to this site, I got real courious when I saw this. What are these boxes? Are they a Lego bee? Where someone starts a box, and it goes from person to person each one adding pieces they don't need and taking those they need? How many (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Where are all the boxes?

I hadn't heard the term before but yes, the boxes in question are exactly what you've described as a "Lego bee". To answer your questions: There is no set number of people involved. The sign-up lists just keep getting longer (faster than names are (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Where are all the boxes?

(...) Oh, I know. It was just frustrating to not be seeing *any* progress reports. As I expected, it seems to be a combination of failure to report progress when the boxes were moving as well as failure of boxes to move due to real-world (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Where are all the boxes?

Please sign me up for both of the Junk boxes and both of the General boxes. And hopefully by the time any of them make it to me I will have more then enough stuff sorted out to add to them. Does anyone out there put wish lists into these boxes? (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Where are all the boxes?

Hi Jodi, and welcome to Lugnet! To sign up for a specific box, you have to post a reply directly to the anchor post (usually by me, it says General Box #N or something similar) saying you want on the list for that box.... to do it the way you just (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Where are all the boxes?