 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 426
Re: Complete list of Canadian participants?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:59:25 GMT

Hello,

I appreciate the comments of both Mike and Tom in this thread.  I was
really just checking to make sure that the addition of essentially new
(i.e. not rare) parts wasn't going to offend anyone.  I am anxious to
participate in this expercise, but don't have much in the way of old
curious parts to add to the boxes.

I agree with Mike in that I think if I were to add a set, I would likely
open it and add the entire contents, to allow everyone to pick through the
parts.  If possible it would be a themed set, rather than just a Freestyle
or Classic, so that hopefully there might be a part or two there that
someone would want, but without having to buy the entire set.

Thanks again,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm

Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in article
<FGCv7D.2wo@lugnet.com>...
The nice thing about the Jambalaya project is that each participant is • free
to do whatever he or she feels comfortable with.  A lot of personal • ethics
goes into the success of this.  There are no hard and fast rules and the
objective is to keep the box alive.  If someone wants to add a complete
polybag that is their perogative as is opening a set adding the contents. •  I
chose to add the entire contents of a new set along with a bunch of odds • and
ends when I had the box.  Personally I would prefer to see just parts in • the
box as it would give multiple people the chance to get pieces from a set • if
a set is used to populate the box.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh

Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote in message <37B28557.A1C7B0CF@vfaq.com>...
When/if I add a polybag or small set, I intend to add it complete in
bag/box, as someone farther down the line may actually want it intact. • I
wouldn't expect it to stay intact if the next person needed a piece out • of
it, but I would insert it complete in case someone did want the entire
thing.

Allan Bedford wrote:

Perhaps now is a good time to ask another question then.  I read • elsewhere
about someone putting the entire contents of a fairly new, small set • into
box as trade for what they took out.  Since I'm less than a year back • into
collecting, I may have to resort to this in order to make sure I put • at
least as much in as I take out.  Is this addition of fairly new, not
all-that-uncommon parts going to offend anyone?  So long as there are • a
decent number of parts put back into the box?

I don't want to be accused of not playing nice with the rest of the • kids,
so I just thought I'd check in advance.  :)

Regards,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/