 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 416
Re: Complete list of Canadian participants?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:01:49 GMT

The nice thing about the Jambalaya project is that each participant is free
to do whatever he or she feels comfortable with.  A lot of personal ethics
goes into the success of this.  There are no hard and fast rules and the
objective is to keep the box alive.  If someone wants to add a complete
polybag that is their perogative as is opening a set adding the contents.  I
chose to add the entire contents of a new set along with a bunch of odds and
ends when I had the box.  Personally I would prefer to see just parts in the
box as it would give multiple people the chance to get pieces from a set if
a set is used to populate the box.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh

Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote in message <37B28557.A1C7B0CF@vfaq.com>...
When/if I add a polybag or small set, I intend to add it complete in
bag/box, as someone farther down the line may actually want it intact.  I
wouldn't expect it to stay intact if the next person needed a piece out of
it, but I would insert it complete in case someone did want the entire
thing.

Allan Bedford wrote:

Perhaps now is a good time to ask another question then.  I read • elsewhere
about someone putting the entire contents of a fairly new, small set into • a
box as trade for what they took out.  Since I'm less than a year back • into
collecting, I may have to resort to this in order to make sure I put at
least as much in as I take out.  Is this addition of fairly new, not
all-that-uncommon parts going to offend anyone?  So long as there are a
decent number of parts put back into the box?

I don't want to be accused of not playing nice with the rest of the kids,
so I just thought I'd check in advance.  :)

Regards,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/