 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 389
Re: Jambalaya questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 23:17:20 GMT

First thing, I removed the local group as if anyone has any responses
there I won't see them.
Ok, give me a list of the names from General box 2 that are Canadian and
lets see what we can do.  I probably should have just split General Box
1 this morning before I sent it and sent half up to Canada and got it
moving up there.

Who's got Gen Box 2 right now? I've sent it on, though haven't seen any
logs from anything past me yet....

Gen Box 5 will start out in Canada, So we'll at least get something
moving up there pretty soon, I just read your other post though, and it
doesn't seem that there's any interest other than Martin in this box.
You might want to let people know that they could get this box a lot
sooner and see if they are willing to sign up for that one also.

I haven't had any objections to moving John D. up before Martin so I
believe I will do that now, since I know he's willing to send to Canada.
Let the box make it's tour around Canada and come back, if that's what
you are thinking?
Do you know where Martin might fit into your string of going from one
end of the country to the other?

It seems that the signup has slowed down quite a bit on a few of the
boxes, there is also talk of people wanting a UK box, I think we are
getting to the point now of asking for people willing to mail to the UK
or elsewhere and having someone do as James is doing, take charge of
collecting names and making sure it gets sent through their country. I
will also post this as a seperate message to be sure everyone reads it
since this message is getting a little long.

James Brown wrote:

Ok, I've got a couple of questions, mostly along the lines of "would people be
offended if..."

Having looked at the lists that Mookie has so kindly compiled, I can see a
couple place where routing can be make much simpler, but it involves shuffling
the order around, which might offend people.  So, here's what I'd like to do:

Insert a Canadian tour (5 people, including me) to the beginning of the "drab
box", send it back to Larry, and then continue on with the list as posted.  Ben
Roller already said he doesn't mind, but how about the rest of you?

Add three more Canadians after Martin Legault to the "technic box".

Move Martin Legault back on the "junk box" and "general box #1" threads so that
all the Canadians are in one place.

The Canadians on "general box #2" are fairly spread out - 4 different places,
in fact - and I would like to compress them into one place.  I'd >like< to put
it after Martin, but that's moving a lot of people up the queue (13, to be
precise).  At the same time, I don't think it's really fair to Martin or
Heather or Michel to ask them to bump down the line.  (in Martin's case, asking
him again)  This is the one I'm most ishy about.

I'm feeling mildly dictatorial today, so if I don't hear complaints in the next
few days, I'll assume that no one has a problem, and just go ahead and ask
Mookie to shift the lists around.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

--