 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 397
Re: Jambalaya questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:35:51 GMT

Mookie wrote in message <37B0B300.846C7FDA@worldnet.att.net>...
[.. deleted for brevity ...

It seems that the signup has slowed down quite a bit on a few of the
boxes, there is also talk of people wanting a UK box, I think we are
getting to the point now of asking for people willing to mail to the UK
or elsewhere and having someone do as James is doing, take charge of
collecting names and making sure it gets sent through their country. I
will also post this as a seperate message to be sure everyone reads it
since this message is getting a little long.

I will again offer to "hand courier" a box to Europe.  I am headed back to
Sweden, leaving the US on 8/21, arriving in London (Gatwick) on 8/22 and on
to Stockholm in the evening of 8/22.  There are two gotchas for this to
work.  1)  I will need to receive a Jambalya box by 8/19 so I can take it on
the plane with me and 2)  I need someone who will come pick it up in either
a) London or b) Stockholm.  I have a layover in London on my return on 8/26
as well so the handoff could be made on my return.  In Stockholm I will be
staying downtown, near Central Station (don't remember the name of the hotel
off the top of my head).

As we discussed before, the logistics around such a hand off might be more
hassle than the savings achieved just by shipping it.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh