 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1435
Re: Technic Box #1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 15:42:28 GMT

Phil Watt schreef:

I think most of this process is faulted by two things:

1)  A lot of people take way too long to turn the boxes (recieve and send to the
next person)  Most boxes have a current hop count of 5 to 10.  This process has
been going on for just over 1 year....  Hmmm, 52 weeks in a year, 5 to 10
hops...That's 5 to 10 weeks per turn.  Bad, bad, bad.....

2)  Accountability.  We started to post input and output of the boxes, but some
people did'nt want the surprise taken away...  I even put a disk in the 1st box I
had, but people didn't use it.  I don't think it was the removal of surprise
element, I think it was just lazyness (just like number 1 above).

<now jumping on soapbox>

I  for one put a lot into the three boxes I saw , and took very little.  I also
turned boxes within 3 working days....

For those who are not fair:  if you want this to succeed, you must be fair with
your input and with your timeliness.
<now jumping off>

we don't need ratings, we need accountablility both in timing and input/output.

If you can't commit to turning a quality box within a week, then drop-out (5 hops
in a year...pleeease....)

It's funny you guys mention this...

Having started the dutch box in april (or was it may???) and being part of
Duck's international promo box showed me just the opposite... For the dutch
box, we had 6 participants and a full round took little over 2.5 months.

International box took a bit longer naturally, but still I would consider
it a great succes.

For the dutch box, I set some rules which really paid off... everybody that
got a box was to email me, and everybody that shipped a box, was to email
me and the next person on the list (I included a list with all the
addresses to make things easier) Also, it was a rule a box had to be
shipped again within 2 weeks. We didn't tell eachother what we put in or
took out, but I was pleasantly surprised when I got the box back for the
first time.

Now we're into round 2, with 8 people so I can't wait to see what it'll
look like. Will be quite interesting to see if over time things will take a
turn for the worse...
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com